Spend a day surrounded by nature with a private rental at Blandford! This natural, 264 acre property is only a short drive from downtown Grand Rapids and provides the perfect space for hosting a corporate or private event. Please note that we are not able to accommodate weddings or after hours events.
Our Auditorium is available for rent Monday through Friday from 9 am-5 pm (subject to availability). This 1,700 sq. ft. space is located inside the Mary Jane Dockerary Visitor Center and overlooks Blandford’s forests and Wildlife Trail. This beautiful, naturally-lit space features floor to ceiling, east-facing windows that provide a peaceful and scenic view for your event.
We offer full day (9 hours) and half day (5 hours) rentals, both of which include set up and tear down time. You will have the option to book our facilities for a single day, or you can book a multi-day event. We offer non-profit and multi-day discounts.
There are a variety of set up options available for you to choose from (cocktail, theater, banquet, classroom, etc.), or you can work with our staff to create a custom set-up that works for your occasion. Blandford staff will take care of table and chair set-up and tear-down. See the gallery below to preview the space and potential set-up options.
Basic Rental Offerings
There are many perks to booking a rental at Blandford! On top of the beautiful scenery and private space, we offer a few other things to help make sure your event runs smoothly and your guests enjoy their time in nature. See what’s included in all rentals below:
- Free Admission for your attendees on the day(s) of your event
- Free parking for the entire day (118 spaces with 4 handicap spaces)
- Tables & chairs in the set-up of your choosing
- A Blandford staff member available during the duration of your event
- Audio/Visual Equipment
- Wifi access, microphones, projector, speakers, podium, etc.
Rental Requirements & Restrictions
Blandford Nature Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit with the mission to engage and empower our community through enriching experiences in nature. We have a few requirements and restrictions for renters listed below to help us accomplish our mission and help us maintain a healthy environment, deliver safe outdoor programming, and provide high-quality care to our wildlife ambassadors. See the information below:
Requirements & Restrictions
- We require proof of a certificate of insurance for liability coverage for the date of your event
- We do not allow smoking on the property
- Alcohol is required to go through a licensed and insured catering or bartending company
- Any food used during the event cannot be homemade
- Prohibited items include:
- Candles and/or open flames
- Decorations requiring nails, staples, pushpins, tape, or glue
- Glitter, balloons, and confetti
- Other decorations that could cause harm to wildlife and/or the property
- Coffee, Tea, and Water Service
- Table Cloths
- Fire Pit
- Outdoor Heater
- And more
Prices for add-ons vary, please see the Rental Request Form for pricing.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- To cancel and receive a full refund, a written notice must be received 14 days prior to the event
- Blandford Nature Center reserves the right to cancel any rental if payment is not received at least 14 days prior to the event
The Mary Jane Dockerary Visitor Center is accessible for those with mobility differences. Our parking lot includes 4 handicap spaces, push to open activation switches on our entrance doors, and handicap accessible restrooms.
Guests can also enjoy Blandford’s ADA accessible walking path connecting our parking lot to the parking lot at The Highlands! This trail is 10 feet wide and paved with asphalt, covering a distance of about 1 mile. We have Accessibility Equipment that can be checked out for free, please see our Visit Us page for more information.
Please reach out to our rentals team at email@example.com or call (616) 735-6240.